Tuesday, November 11, 2008

i kissed dating goodbye



A recent outing with a friend rekindled my memories of this book by Joshua Harris. I read it junior year of high school with my friend Carol while we were at a winter church retreat. This book was all the rage and the retreat speaker even had to speak on it. Although I thought it was a great book, I liked it mostly because it already conveniently aligned with my personal philosophy on dating (being the mature teenager I was back then). I decided not to date in high school and renewed this decision in college. Anyways, ten years and multiple relationships later, I still get warm fuzzies thinking about it much in the way that you think about an old friend. I still think it has some good principles that even apply to my life today. Here's Joshua Harris' description of his book.

No comments: