Tuesday, May 5, 2009

working hard


I'm a little crazed these days, but it's all good.

Been thinking about good music.
Here are some inspirations:
  • Susie Suh (I wish I could make a music video featuring HER, for her song, "Light on My Shoulder"; I'm going to try to catch an LA show of hers in June).
  • Imogen Heap (I'm always afraid of her at first, but am in so much awe.)
  • Vienna Teng (I used to get insulted when people compared me to her because I assumed it was because we were both Asian and played the piano. Now I've gotten over it and watching her again I'm reminded how flawless and angelic her voice is - and how amazing she is on the piano. I could only dream of writing/performing like her...)

5 comments:

Michael Dausch said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yedD4JsZyT0&feature=related

check out this song / group. might like them.

Jennifer Chiang said...

oh man. i love vienna teng. =)

just saw her in concert a week or so ago at yoshi's! she was amazing.

Unknown said...

Great job today, Carolyn!

You made me envious....I want a shirt stating my heritage; but more so, I wish I had some discernible talent like you singer/songwriters.

Just A Girl And Her Craftsman Bungalow said...

Susie Suh and AM have a killer duet "New Road"

carolyn said...

Mike: thanks for the link. I really do like that song/group!

Jenn: That's so cool! I think I'm going to one of her concerts in October.

Matt: It was so good to see you there! Thank you for your encouragement and I'm totally blushing from your words.

JAGAHCB: I gotta check out that duet!